Trademark Search & Registration:
- Complete trademark evaluation
- Telephone consultation with a knowledgeable attorney regarding your complete trademark evaluation
- Counseling from a knowledgeable attorney on how to increase the distinctiveness of your trademark
- Preparation and filing of your trademark application
- Monitoring of your trademark application after filing
- Responding to non-substantive Office Actions on your behalf
- Mailing of your registration certificate once received from the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO)
OFFICE ACTION LETTERS:
An Office Action letter describes the status of a trademark application. It will reveal conflicting marks or whether the USPTO is refusing to register the trademark for substantive or procedural reasons. In the event that you receive an Office Action Letter, the USPTO will give you six months from the date the Office Action Letter was issued to respond. If you fail to respond within that time period, your application will be abandoned and you will lose the trademark and the filing fee. As some Office Action Letters can be more involved than others, The Holder Law Firm will evaluate your case and determine how to respond.
Once your trademark is registered, it is equally important to maintain your trademark in the marketplace. The USPTO imposes additional filings that are required to maintain trademark registration. Additionally, the USPTO will not notify you of these requirements. Failure to maintain your trademark can result in a loss of trademark protection. The Holder Law Firm will maintain your trademark renewals at an affordable rate.
Trademark Opposition Proceedings:
Once a trademark attorney has reviewed your application and all the issues have been resolved or no issues exist, the trademark application will be published for a 30 day opposition period. During the opposition period, any one who believes that they will be damaged from the registration of your trademark can oppose its registration.
Failure to respond to a notice of opposition will result in the cancellation of your trademark. The Holder Law Firm can answer or negotiate a settlement of the opposition on your behalf.
Other Trademark Matters:
- Sending and Responding to Cease and Desist Notices
- Trademark Registration Amendments and Corrections
- Trademark Assignments
- Trademark Licensing Agreements
- Trademark Coexistence Agreements
Contact The Holder Law Firm via email at email@example.com or telephone to schedule a free consultation with an Attorney.